Up date -July 15th

Up date -July 15th

July 15, 2020

Well, here we are again, two weeks later and still know move from phase 4…Now what?

Auto City Outdoor Event Center/Speedway management was hoping to return to action with spectators July 25th. The state guidance clearly states gathering of 100 people in phase 4 for outdoor events to take place, but we needed to go to phase 5, to return to racing. We must have a 10- day notice to be able to do that. At this time, we will be canceling the scheduled, July 25th event. We hope to have an opening date by August 8th.

Michigan now faces an acute risk of a second wave, one that not only threatens lives but may also jeopardize the reopening of schools in the fall. The Governor has paused the reopening of our economy. Gyms and performance venues remain closed across most of the state, and large gatherings remain curtailed. At the same time, consistent with the accumulating evidence that COVID-19 often spreads via aerosolized droplets she has adopted additional measures—including the closure of certain bars and a requirement that stores refuse entry and service to those without face coverings—to reduce the risk of spread in indoor spaces. Life will not be back to normal for some time to come. Auto City does not want to be part of the problem, but we want to stay apart of the solution.

 This decision comes with much stress, anger, disappointment and concern. The governor is waring everyone, if numbers go up she will be putting us back to phase 3 and kids will not be able to resume to schools in the fall…WE DO NOT WANT TO ADD TO THAT!!!…Please everyone…do your part, wear face mask, social distance and wash your hands…This will affect all of us, & our children, if we do not do our part to stop the spread of Covid-19. Thank you for hanging in there with us!

 

Share this post